- B.A., University of Denver, 2009
- J.D., Gonzaga School of Law, 2013, cum laude
- M.B.A., Gonzaga School of Business Administration, 2015, cum laude
- Colorado (2014)
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado (2014)
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado (2014)
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (2014)
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Network of Boutique Law Firms
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation’s Mountain Desert Network (Board Member, Treasurer)
Katharine Sender joined the firm in March 2015. Katharine’s practice focuses on bankruptcy, bankruptcy litigation, trustee representation, commercial collections, and insurance subrogation.
During law school, Katharine clerked with Judge Elizabeth Brown of the United States Bankruptcy Court in Denver. Katharine also advocated for the rights of low-income taxpayers against the Internal Revenue System at University Legal Assistance’s Federal Tax Clinic. Katharine worked with Spanish speaking clients to obtain innocent spouse relief in Federal court. Katharine has successfully prevailed before the United States Tax Court for the Eastern District of Washington.
Before law school, Katharine worked in Steamboat Springs assisting debtors with chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy filings. Prior, Katharine taught English at a bilingual primary school in Madrid, Spain. Katharine is conversationally fluent in Spanish. Katharine also interned with Ed Perlmutter, the United States Representative for Colorado’s 7th Congressional District, serving the northwestern suburbs of Denver.